Owner: Birds Eye Realty Holdings, LLC
Project Size: 14,000 SF
Completion: March 2015
Contract Type: Construction Management
Architect: Michael Dugan and Barbara Wright Design
Location: St. Albans, VT
We assisted the Owner with the coordination of all aspects of their pre-construction needs including coordinating designers for the facility, budgeting the project, and obtaining bid packages. We also managed all phases of the actual construction of their 14,000 SF medical office facility.
This two story building is constructed as a wood framed shell with steel columns and beams supporting the second floor system. This allows for an open floor plan on the first floor which will house the optometry offices. A full service elevator provides ADA compliant access to the second floor tenant space(s).
The design and construction included these efficiency related features:
* A combination of spray foam insulation in the wall cavities and rigid polystyrene insulation in the exterior walls
* High efficiency natural gas fired furnaces with high efficiency remote condensers for cooling
* Heat recovery ventilators to provide fresh air ventilation and to re-capture waste heat
* Fixtures designed for the conservation of water
* A high efficiency boiler for domestic water and for hydronic heat at the vestibules and stairwells
* Dimmable LED lights for all ceiling fixtures and dispensary display areas